- Unprecedented Reliability: microprocessor Energy Management System (EMS) monitors and adapts the light to environmental conditions for consistent operation and long life under the toughest conditions.
- Designed and tested to the toughest industrial standards: immersion, shock and vibration, corrosion, solar radiation, chemical resistance, hail and EMC/EMI/ESD. See spec sheet for test information.
- Intelligent settings: the first solar product to incorporate intelligent deployment location settings that allow the M650 to be tuned to its location, protecting it against improper configuration. Lantern automatically adjusts for Schmidt-Clausen.
- Self-contained and low maintenance: all components are incorporated within a compact, stand-alone unit for easy deployment and relocation. A replaceable battery pack extends service life beyond five years, reducing total cost of ownership and resulting in significant cost savings.
- Green solution: a clean, renewable and reliable energy source with the lightest environmental footprint. Recyclable batteries and RoHS compliant.
|Solar Panel||High-efficiency cells with bypass and blocking diode function. Maximum power point tracking (MPPT) for optimal energy collection.|
|Battery||Tool-less replaceable and recyclable best-in-class battery pack with extreme temperature range. Battery status feeback of Good, Charge, Low, Bad (Replace) and actual battery voltage.|
|Light Source||High-power LED. Colour-specific temperature-corrected LED drivers provide consistent intensity under all operating conditions.|
|MaximumPeakIntensity(asperIALArating)||60 cd (White LEDs)|
|Vertical Divergence||>8* (FWHM)|
|Flash Patterns||256+ (including steady-on) Custom available.|
|Day / Night Transition||Selectable from 25 to 925 lux in 25 lux increments|
|Construction||Premium grade UV resistant, polycarbonate/polysiloxane co-polymer body and lens material. Double O-ring sealing with waterproof vent.|
|Colours||Red, Green, White, Yellow and Blue. As per IALA “Optimum” Recommendation E-200-1, December 2008.|
|Operating Temperature||-45 to 124 *F (-43 to 80 *C) ambient temperature. The M650 will function up to 190 *F (88 *C) internal and surface temperatures.|
|Storage Temperature||-45 to 176 *F (-43 to 80* C) Not including batteries.|
|Colour indicator||Yes. Red, Green, White, Yellow and Blue.|
|Weight||3.5 lb (1.58 kg)|
|Wind Loading||140 knots (72 m/s)|
|Ice Loading||0.03 psi (22 kg/m2)|
|Automatic Light Control (ALC)||When enabled, ALC will dynamically reduce brightness to unusually low amounts of sunlight to ensure continued operation.|
|Programming||Programmable with optional infrared programmer|
|GPS Synchronization||Optional GPS enables two or more lanterns to flash in unison|
USCG PATON 33CFR66 & CFR67 Class C
UL 2108, CSA C22.2 No.250.0, RoHS, WEEE