NASA Marine Clipper Wind System
– Wireless wind speed & direction data
– Easy installation
– No wires to run down
– Simple masthead alignment
– Light mast unit weight
The Clipper wireless wind is supplied with a wireless masthead transmitter, a base unit and a Clipper Wind display unit. The wireless masthead transmitter is powered by an internal battery which is charged from ambient light using a small solar panel. A few dull days will not affect performance. When fully charged, it is capable of two thousand hours of full operation in total darkness. The masthead transmitter sends data wirelessly to the base unit, which is powered by the vessel’s 12 Volt supply, the base unit receives wind speed and direction data from the masthead transmitter and sends it to the Clipper Wind display or any other compatible NMEA display unit.
The Clipper Wind display is in the industry standard 110mm square case. Exceptionally large and clear display with 60 segments for full 360 degree direction indication.
– Wireless wind speed and direction data to any compatible NMEA display
– Easy installation with mast in place – no wires to run down
– Simple masthead alignment through base unit
– Light mast unit weight – 190 grams